Eligibility & Referral Process
Project Kealahou will serve about 400 girls over four years across all the state’s major child-serving agencies: the Departments of Health, Human Services and Education, the Judiciary, as well as in nonprofit organizations and from self-referrals.
To be eligible for the program, girls must:
- Be between ages 11-18, and be a girl or identify as a girl (regardless of sex).
- Have trauma-related characteristics or symptoms.
- Meet criteria for Axis 1 diagnosis and display evidence of impairment in everyday function.
- Not have current suicidal or homicidal ideation.
- Not have behavior problems due to a pervasive developmental disorder or intellectual disability.
- Reside on O‘ahu.
To refer a girl to Project Kealahou, please see the Project Kealahou Referral Form. If you have questions about eligibility and the referral process, contact:
Janelle Starmer, Practice Development Specialist
Phone: (808) 733-9385