Girls in Project Kealahou have the opportunity to participate in activities based on their personal interests and goals. These activities include physical fitness, community service and cultural practices. For example, one-on-one and small group activities may include running, surfing and stand-up paddling lessons, cooking classes and yoga.
Activities like this provide opportunities for you to:
- Be involved in decision-making.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Be meaningfully engaged in community life and make real contributions.
- Gain new knowledge and learn practical skills.
- Experience success.
- Develop positive, supportive relationships with girls and peers.
- Engage positively with adults around common goals.
You can also choose to attend larger group activities with other girls in the program. Some of Project Kealahou’s past and upcoming activities include:
- Whale-watching tour.
- Horseback riding at Kualoa Ranch.
- Foster Botanical Garden picnic.
- Beach days.
- Movie night at Windward Mall and Ward Centers.